who we are
On January 14, 1953, Dr. S. Radhakrishnan dedicated CSIR-CECRI as the 12th national laboratory under the CSIR to the nation. Today, CSIR-CECRI, a proud family of 700 members (120 of whom are scientists), is the largest research establishment for electrochemistry in South Asia. It serves as a launching pad for a multitude of technologies for the Indian electrochemical industry.
In living up to its raison d'etrc, the institute works on a gamut of problems covering all facets of Electrochemical Science and Technology,Corrosion Science and Engineering, Electrochemical Materials Science. Electrochemical Power Sources, Electrochemical Pollution Control, Fundamental Electro Chemistry, Electro metallurgy, Industrial Metal Finishing and Nanoscale Electrochemistry.
Initiative for a National Technical & Research Symposium on Electrochemical and Chemical Technology (INTERSECT) is a national level technical symposium and cultural fest organized by Electrochemical Technologists Association (ETA) functioning under the aegis of CSIR-CECRI, Karaikudi. Since 1991, the technical symposium, Seminar on Electrochemical and Chemical Technology (SELECT) was being conducted every year with an objective to foster awareness and exploring attitude among the student community to achieve breakthroughs on various aspects of Electrochemistry and othe fields of engineering.
OUR GRAND SUCCESS
- Since 1991, the technical symposium, Seminar on Electrochemical and Chemical Technology.
- CECRI and student community from various realms.
- INTERSECT'17 being held at CSIR-CECRI during Feb 2017.
- From last year onwards, we had include the entertainment quotient and renamed as INTERSECT so as to make the event more opulent, which was grand success.
- ETA (Electrochemical Technologist Association) is an organisation of B.Tech students and PhD scholars of CSIR-CECRI chaired by a Scientist.
- It aims to instil technical knowledge to students through invited lectures and talks of eminent scientists.
- At present, Dr.G.Sreedhar ,Scientist, Electro Pyro Metallurgy Division, CSIR-CECRI is chairing the Electrochemical Technologists Association.
- It also provides students from other institution a chance to present their works and to enjoy the research atmosphere of CSIR-CECRI through its national level technical symposium and cultural fest INTERSECT .
- KALA (C(K)ultural And Literary Association) is also a student organization chaired by scientist which aims to develop extracurricular skills of the students.
- This act as a platform for students from our college as well as other colleges to show their talents.
- Annual Inter college cultural fest is held jointly with ETA in INTERSECT and the Intra college cultural fest was held through separate event named Intraface.
- Dr. Sundhar Mayavan, Senior Scientist,CSIR-CECRI presently chairing the Association.